|lending||10am - 2pm||1pm - 5pm||10am - 2pm||1pm - 5pm|
|non-lending||10am - 2pm|
|computer clinic||2pm - 4:30pm|
Tue. Dec. 24, 2019 – Fri. Jan. 3, 2020
JCCC LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
The JCCC welcomes all visitors to our library. Children ages under 14 must always be supervised by a parent or a responsible caregiver.
The JCCC, and its staff and library volunteers do not take responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged (personal) items, and are not accountable for any accidents or injuries incurred on the premises of the library and JCCC property.
- You must have a JCCC membership to be eligible to use the lending service.
- Please fill out the library member application form if you wish to use the lending service. The following personal information is required;
Name, home address, telephone number and email address and your JCCC membership card information.
- Japanese/English books (except in the Heritage Section and Reference-Only books).
- Children’s books
- Manga/Comic books
- Magazines (except copies in the magazine racks)
Lending Service Hours:
Tues: 10:00am~2:00pm Wed & Sat: 1:00pm~5:00pm
Books/Manga (Comic Books): 4 weeks
Magazines/DVDs: 2 weeks
Quantity of loan materials:
6 books/person, 2 DVDs/person (Extension of loan period are not permitted)
Returning Library Items:
- Please return your borrowed materials to the library in person during the lending service hours or drop in the return box when the lending service is not available. The return box is located in front of the library door (museum side).
- Overdue fines are charged for any materials that are not returned on or before the due date.
Weekly fine rates: Books, manga/comic books: $1/item, DVD: 3/item
e.g. ）In case of 3 days overdue (books): $1/item, 10 days overdue: $2/item
You may be contacted by the JCCC library in case of significant delay of returning materials or any other reasonable grounds.
- Eating and drinking in the library is not permitted.
- Please be considerate of other users in the library.
- Ringers on cell phones must be turned off upon entering the Library and all cell phone conversations must be taken outside of the library.
- Please take off your shoes in the children’s book area.
- Please handle library materials with great care. Damaging library materials such as cutting or tearing a page off from books and magazine is strictly prohibited.
- Taking out any library materials without authority’s permission and/or lending procedure is strictly prohibited.
- Lost and damaged library materials are subject to a fine at the equivalent of the purchase/replacement price.
(*) Please note that opening hours and hours of lending service are subject to change/close due to JCCC’s events or holidays.
Please check notices from the library or on the JCCC notice board.
ABOUT JCCC LIBRARY
The library focuses on Japanese Canadian Heritage and Japanese literature (English and Japanese), as well as cultural reference books, children’s books and Manga (Japanese comic books).
The JCCC welcomes both JCCC members and non members who wish to visit the library during opening hours (see below for more details).
Visitors can enjoy learning about Nikkei history and Japanese culture, as well as reading books, magazines and Manga, and the children’s section offers a place where families can read books together in the library.
Visitors are also able to borrow items from most of our collections including DVDs.
(Please see below for further details regarding rules and guidelines)
There is also a “circulated” book/magazine section in the library where people can purchase selected items for a small donation. The money raised at this section is used for purchasing new books and magazines for the library.
The JCCC Library, which is part of the Nikkei Heritage Museum, has been open since October 2013. Since then, the library’s collection has significantly grown and is enjoyed by many library members and visitors.
The JCCC Library is run by the JCCC Library committee, which is organized by enthusiastic volunteers and staff. The library offers bilingual services in both English and Japanese.